Sunday, February 04, 2018

Houston Victory Fund Campaign Training Happening This Weekend

Victory Institute
One of the important political things that is also going on in Houston this weekend that I was bummed I couldn't take part in was the Victory Institute Candidate training that started February 1 and will end today.

The Victory Institute is the training arm of the Victory Fund now headed by my former mayor Annise Parker, who is the first elected official to every head the group.   The campaign training is a nonpartisan intensive multi day course offered by the Victory Institute, and the first one for 2018 happened in my Houston backyard.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing
Personal circumstances kept me from participating in it, but some of my trans family is here from different parts of Texas and the country taking part in it so that they can go forth from here and do their part to #TransformPolitics.

But I do want to take part in one of these training in the near future.

So if you're wondering whether Del. Danica Roem in Virginia or Councilmembers Andrea Jenkins and Phillipe Cunningham in Minneapolis aare one hit trans political wonders, nope they aren't

The trans community is serious about being the chefs of our political destiny and not being on the right wing political menu.

No comments: