Saturday, October 22, 2016

Heading To Boston Wednesday

Image result for harvard university
Next week I'm heading to New England and staying in Boston for the first time since my trip to the NABJ Convention in 2014 and Fantasia Fair last year.

The purpose of this upcoming trip is I'm heading up to Harvard University to receive the 2016 Phillips Brooks House Associations Robert Coles Call of Service Award

The Phillips Brooks House Association (PBHA) was founded in 1984, and it is a student led nonprofit organization at Harvard that engages 1,600 undergraduate students in 83 social service and action programs that benefit over 10,000 low income people in the Boston and Cambridge, MA areas and beyond.

Image result for harvard phillips brooks house association
The programs run by PBHA also include Y2Y Harvard Square, the nation's first youth-run homeless shelter for young adults, many of who are members of our LGBTQ community.

I'm receiving the award on October 28, and so looking forward to breaking out some of my sweaters on this trip, meeting with the PBHA staff and seeing some of my Massachusetts fam.

May also try to go to the JFK Presidential Library while I'm there as well.

See y'all Wednesday.

No comments: