Friday, September 04, 2015

OUT On the Hill 2015 Later This Month

It's one of my fave conferences, and there's a possibility I might be back for it after a three year absence from the event.

The National Black Justice Coalition's (NBJC) 6th annual OUT on the Hill is rapidly approaching on September 16-20 in Washington DC

The last time I was in the OOTH house in 2012, I was honored to participate in this groundbreaking Black trans feminine panel with Danielle King, Rev. Carmarion Anderson, and Valerie Spence moderated by Laverne Cox.

,

 I also got to participate in an amazing blogger's panel with LZ Granderson, Danielle Moodie-Mills, and the Anti-Intellect,

This year's theme is We Are Family: Building Stronger Roots Together, and that's what OUT on the Hill has been like to me in the times I have had the opportunity to attend in 2011 and 2012, one big family reunion in which we get to build a stronger Black LGBT community,

It has led to me meeting some amazing Black TBLG leaders , elders and emerging young Black LGBT leaders who are doing and will do some amazing things for our community, two trips to the White House for policy briefings, and getting an opportunity to go to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's Annual Legislative Conference that takes place at the same time at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and meet more engaged Black folks, CBC congressmembers and leaders from around the country.

This year #OOTH2015 will also focus on health and wellness on our community.

Every time I get the opportunity to go to OUT on the Hill, I come back to Houston refreshed, renewed and ready to tackle the ongoing job of uplifting the trans end of the Black LGBT community while reminding the Black community at large that you can't spell Black Lives Ma__er without the two T's.  

There's still time for you to register for this event and hope to see y'all there at #OOTH2015.

TransGriot Update:  It's official:  For the first time since 2012, I'll be at OOTH 2015!  I have a Friday noon Eastern time panel discussion I'll be participating in, and I plan to be doing posts and live tweets of all the #OOTH2015 action and happenings.

No comments: