Friday, August 02, 2013

Did Raven-Symoné Just Come Out?

I wrote a post last May about about people in the Black SGL community needing to quit pressuring the Queen and Raven-Symoné about whether or nor they are part of our chocolate TBLG community because our coming out parameters are different from the white community. 

When the rumors started after she was seen with out lesbian ANTM contestant AzMarie Livingston and the National Liar Inquirer made the conclusion jump she was part of the chocolate SGL family, Raven addressed the rumors at the time by basically saying it was nobody's business who she shared her bedroom with or who she was attracted to.

But this following August 2 tweet occurring after the states of Minnesota and Rhode Island began allowing same gender couples to get legally married raised eyebrows and got those is-she-or-isn't-she rumors aimed at our 27 year old sister cranked up all over again.




She's also quoted in this CNN story as saying this about same gender marriage.

"I am very happy that gay marriage is opening up around the country and is being accepted," the actress said in a statement through her representatives. 
"I was excited to hear today that more states legalized gay marriage. I, however am not currently getting married, but it is great to know I can now, should I wish to," she said.

That was a 'things that make you go hmm' moment.  If that was her way of coming out while trying to keep some part of her private life private, I ain't mad at her. I still love me some Raven-Symoné and always will.

If she did come out, it will mean that our African descended kids have another role model to look up to that shares their ethnic background.

And it gives a whole 'nother interpretation to 'That's So Raven'!

No comments: