Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Jahaira's Mission Video Blog


I like checking out some of the trans video bloggers and shining the TransGriot spotlight on either their blogs or various video posts that I believe have a message that needs to be signal boosted and shared with my readers.

Introducing Jahaira.  She sent me an e-mail concerning the post I wrote in which I discussed my desire to start forging links with people in the ballroom and pageant community and have consistent, substantive conversations with them.

Jahaira has reached legendary status in the Fem Queen Realness ranks of the ballroom community, and it was a long, interesting and wonderful conversation.

We discussed the intersection of trans issues with the pageant and ballroom communities along with other just shooting the breeze girl talk.  Her Jahaira's Mission video blog has been around since 2010 and has 256 videos and counting. 

Jahaira was recently featured on the WE Happy Trans blog, which has a feature similar to my TransGriot Ten Questions on that asks seven questions of the people they interview.  In order to introduce you to her, here's her video in which she answers the We Happy Trans 7 Questions.

 


No comments: