Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012 TransGriot NFL Picks-Week 2

Kickoff weekend of the 2012 NFL season is over and I actually accomplished my goal of doing better than the 9-7 I started the 2011 prognostication contest with and grabbed an initial two game lead..   

I went 10-6 to open the season and that wasn't bad, but Michael Watts went 11-5 so he has an initial one game lead on me (for now)   

If it weren't for the upsets I could have done even better.   Upsets such as RG3 and the Redskins marching into the Superdome and marching out with a huge 40-32 win against the Saints.  The NY Jets after having an anemic offense all preseason exploding for 48 points on a Buffalo Bills team that spent all those free agent megamillions on their defense.  

Mario who?  

I also didn't expect the Cowboys to walk into Met Life Stadium last Wednesday and walk out with a win and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers played better than I expected in their win against the Panthers.  

But the first week is over and NFL Week 2 rapidly approaches, so let's get to my Week 2 Picks.   Mike's are here.  Team I'm picking to win will be in underlined bold print. 

TransGriot Week 1 Record  10-6
Mike Watts Week 1 Record 11-5

2012 NFL Season Records
Mike Watts  11-5
TransGriot    10-6

***

Thursday, September 13
Chicago at Green Bay

Sunday, September 16
Noon CDT Games
Houston at Jacksonville
Kansas City at Buffalo
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Minnesota at Indianapolis
New Orleans at Carolina
Arizona at New England
Tampa Bay at NY Giants
Baltimore at Philadelphia

Afternoon Games
Washington at St Louis
Dallas at Seattle
Oakland at Miami
NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at San Diego

Sunday Night
Detroit at San Francisco

Monday,  September 17
Denver at Atlanta

No comments: