Saturday, September 08, 2012

2012 GLAAD National POC Media Institute Goes West

As you TransGriot readers know I recently took part in the East Coast version of it and discovered while I was in the Big Apple I'd traveled the farthest distance to attend the New York gathering of the GLAAD National People Of Color Institute

I had a wonderful time, learned a lot, and y'all were right, I don't look at television interviews, much less televised speeches the same way since I returned home. 

Now it's time for the participants in the West Coast version to undergo the same training we did

The Los Angeles version of the GLAAD National People of Color Institute started yesterday and runs through this weekend and I salute everyone who was selected for the 2012 LA edition of it.   It's going to be a wonderful experience for you.

For those of y'all who are interested, when they open up the application process for the 2013 edition in New York and LA, I'd suggest you jump on the opportunity.   GLAAD will let me know when that happens and I'll pass that info on to you readers who are interested.
      

Just wanted to take a moment to give a TransGriot shout out to Brian, Daryl, Monica, Marcus and super intern Jeff of GLAAD along with our trainer Joel Silberman.  

I was thinking about y'all this weekend and hope the LA group gets into the media realness lessons y'all will pass on before this memorable weekend is concluded..  .  

   

No comments: