Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Joy Girl Update

I posted back on January 10 about Fredrikka Maxwell, one of my guest columnists here and a beloved figure in our trans community who lives in Tennessee.

I've spent some enjoyable time with her when I lived in the Louisville area or gone to SCC, IFGE or other trans themed conventions.

As you TransGriot readers are aware of she recently had surgery on her right eye.  I was beginning to get concerned because I haven't heard anything from her since the day she posted just before going under the surgeon's scalpel that she was fasting in preparation for it and asking people who believe in the power of prayer to do so for her.

I was relieved to read this comment moments ago from her Facebook page:

This is a note of thanks to all of my friends who sent prayers and good wishes during the surgery. Thank you all so much. God only knows how much I needed that. The docs are saying it will still be six weeks or so before they know how good or how bad the eye is gonna be. Meanwhile, I'm starting to climb the walls so I have to get back on the computer. I feel disconnected from the world.

Glad to hear you're okay Joy Girl.  One less thing for me to worry about.  


No comments: