Friday, November 25, 2011

Shut Up Fool Awards-Post Thanksgiving Edition

It's exactly one month to Christmas Day and I'm still scarfing down the leftover turkey, ham and all the trimmings after getting my grub on yesterday with the family.  I also checked the scale to make sure I stayed close to my target weight. 

Hey, I worked hard to get my Coke bottle shape back and I'm not going to allow myself to snack my way out of a size 12 ever again.

Speaking of other things I'm avoiding, I'm also not going near any strip shopping center or mall today>  Not down with getting trampled by crazed shoppers stampeding for bargains at the post-Thanksgiving sales as the door opens.

I can think of better and more noble things to sacrifice my life for than a deep discount at a department store. 

Now let's move on to our weekly business of determining what fools or group of fools earned our weekly Shut Up Fool Award.   Nominations were Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, Rep Joe Barton (R-TX), Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), Herman Cain, Rep Joe Walsh (R-IL), Pat Robertson, and a group award from Fox Noise.    

But this week's post-Turkey day winner is.Newt Gingrich for hos comment during another (ho hum) Republican debate  in which he said that child labor laws were 'stupid' and that they should fire the unionized janitors and make the kids clean the schools instead.   .   

Where do I even begin to start blasting this conservaignorance? 

Child labor laws are in place for a reason.  They exist and are strict because kids were exploited by businesses during the 19th century.  Child labor laws exist so kids spend their time focused on getting an education, not busting their azz on a J-O-B that doesn't pay them well or lift them out of poverty.  They'll have the next 30 the 40 years of their lives after their teen years to do that, assuming your fat cat conservafriends haven't moved all the jobs overseas.

Besides, teenagers are already working near minimum wage jobs at fast food restaurants.  Stop hatin' on the SEIU and custodians and show them the money.

And you conservafools call Gingrich an intellectual?   Oh yeah, forgot that's a low bar to clear in the Republican party.   
 
Newt Gingrich, Shut Up Fool!



2 comments:

genevieve said...

Gingrich is about as intellectual as Dubya- he justs pulls it off better.

Anonymous said...

I suspect that the republicans consider an "intellectual" to be someone who can express ideas clearly (rather than someone who has well-thought-out ideas).