Friday, January 14, 2011

What Do You Mean I'm Not A Taurus?

When you ask people what's their sign, it's a nice icebreaker and conversation starter that can lead to friendships, relationships and sometimes marriage in some cases.

But in the wake of a recent Minneapolis Star-Ledger article that claimed that many of our signs had changed because of the wobble of the Earth's axis over two millennia, there were other conversations started this week based on the assertion that the 2000 year old zodiac was not only off by a month, but now included a 13th sign.

I say this as a proud Taurus, bull feces!

Image result for zodiac signs
The current 12 sign zodiac that Western astrology is based on hasn't changed.   It's based on the seasonal equinoxes and wasn't oriented to the constellations.  

That's good to know because I know deep down I fit every characteristic assigned to Taurean personalities and I just didn't see Aries in my future.

No offense to those of you who are proud Aries and have Ram jewelry, t-shirts and tattoos to prove it, but I am a Bull and proud of it.   One of the reasons I like Battlestar Galactica and Caprica so much is that my peeps from the BSG home planet of Tauron and their culture got featured on the show.

Image result for Battlestar galactica Tauron
Admiral Helena Cain was from the home planet and as we have discovered thanks to the Caprica prequel, Admiral William 'Bill' Adama's family was from Tauron as well.

So whatever your sign was before that article popped up, you are still that sign today.

And that's no bull



\n"; } -->

No comments: