Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ke$ha, We Need To Talk

Yeah, I know you're trying to raise your OQ (Outrageousness Quotient) vis a vis your competition such as Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, but statements like this only leave us questioning your Intelligence Quotient.

"Freaks are what make everything mildly more interesting in life but with trannies, they make me want to be a better woman. I see these men who have way better bodies than I do, more beautiful faces, better complexions, beautiful makeup, and they're more fun than any person I've met in my life. They make me feel like I'm not a very good woman."

First of all pop tart, 'tranny' is a derogatory term to many people in our community.

Just an FYI to you. Trans women are WOMEN, not men. The sooner you get that concept burned into your brain, the better so you can avoid the TransGriot, our allies and the rest of the trans community calling you out on it next time.

We just had to take another more pothole filled obstacle strewn road to get to the point where our physical bodies match our gender identity.

We transpeople are here on Planet Earth to live our lives as part of the diverse mosaic of human life. Yes, some of my transsisters are so stunningly beautiful even I get a little envious at times when I check them out. Others are just ordinary women that fade into the background living their lives, and some would have a hard time as my Kentucky friends would say, 'passing in a coal mine at midnight'.

We are fun to be around, but we aren't 'freaks', 'men' or 'trannies'.

Ke$ha, one of the things we transwomen have learned in terms of the feminine journey is that an evolving woman recognizes the areas where she is deficient, and expeditiously makes those corrections and improvements in her life.

One area where you are woefully deficient is knowledge about trans people and our lives. When it comes to transwomen of color, even if we are drop dead gorgeous, we still don't get called or considered 'beautiful'.

If you're feeling a little insecure and self conscious about your body issues, please deal with them without using language that is insulting to the trans community.

No comments: