Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thinking About My Ex-Classmates

My 30 year high school reunion is coming up next year, and as that date approaches I find myself reminiscing more about my school days and the classmates I'm not in contact with.

There's a core group that I'm in regular contact with thanks to Facebook, Twitter or the other social networking sites such as Classmates.com but there are others who I haven't seen or spoken to since we left high school.

I find myself musing at times about those classmates I haven't seen since we stepped off JJ's campus for that final time as students in June 1980.

I wonder how they're doing in their lives, if they found love or had hard luck with it. I follow the news about my successful classmates and wonder if the ones I haven't seen since 1980 are doing likewise, if it has eluded them, or if they were just coming into their own now. I ponder about whether they are dealing with trying circumstances.

I even wonder about how they look now vis a vis our school days.

But the cool thing about next year's reunion is I already won the 'Most Changed Award' at the 2000 one. I can just focus on having a good time and getting reconnected with my classmates.

And I'm looking forward to going back home to do so.

No comments: